Registering a United States Trademark
Are you an Austin company looking to register your trademark?
Does registering a trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office seem a bit daunting to you?
We can help your Austin startup with the legal details of the trademark registration process at a great price point. You can focus on the many things you need to focus on in getting your product or service in the hands of your customer while we navigate the trademark registration system for you. We understand that budgets are critical for companies. We can help you work toward registration without having to spend countless hours learning the USPTO system. Also, we have filed and registered thousands of trademarks so we know all of the obstacles that might surface, and we have developed strategies for overcoming those obstacles.
Registering a trademark is a relatively simple process. Here are a few steps we recommend:
- Identify which trademark you want to register
- Ensure a proper trademark search is performed before filing a trademark application
- Develop a trademark application outline the ensures your company information is all correct and ensures you are filing for registration in the proper classes with the appropriate goods and services described
- File the trademark application…then wait…the USPTO currently has a 9+ month queue before reviewing the application
- Overcome any issues that arise during the examination process
- The trademark will then publish for opposition…this is a 30-day period where a third party has to opportunity to oppose your registration
- Assuming no opposition, you will receive a Notice of Allowance from the USPTO
- The trademark will then register…you can then start using the ® symbol
A United States trademark is a great investment for most companies. A registered trademark provides the following advantages:
- Exclusive rights of use Throughout the United States
- Use of the ® symbol
- Protection for 10 years, plus options to renew
- More efficient Enforcement through the Federal court system
- Provides Differentiation of your product or service from others